I have a passion and natural affinity for people. I partner with executive leadership and teams to formulate impactful HR infrastructures to propel growth, enhance company culture, and retain top talent. I believe that investing in your employees creates invaluable opportunities for business growth, and positively contributes to your commercial results and employer value.
I have over 10 years of experience at global multi-sector businesses including tech, communications, financial services and retail. I specialise in ambitious, fast-paced, high-growth companies, start-ups, and the remote workplace. I have proven to be a successful member of leadership teams through my commitment to excellence in relationship building, talent management, performance management, operational development, coaching, and change management.
I thrive in environments where employee success and collaboration are highly valued. I’m an advocate of personal and professional development. I am a credentialed ICF Professional Coach which has provided an important framework to coach leaders and teams to achieve impactful results.
I’m experienced, but not text book. My clients appreciate my positive attitude, integrity, honesty, and unwavering support with some of their most complex and sensitive people issues.
I’m a member of the Chartered Institute of Personnel and Development (CIPD) and hold a BA in Human Resources Management and MA in People Management from Middlesex University, London. I am a ICF (International Coaching Federation) credentialed Professional Coach abiding by their Code of Ethics in Professional Coaching. I regularly participate in CPD in the fields of Business, Tech, HR and Employment Law.
Prior to establishing my HR consultancy, I spent 6+ years working at a leading Omnicom acquired London Communications Agency at Director level. I successfully established an award winning HR infrastructure to mobilise the business for an unprecedented global expansion and later the acquisition by marketing super-force Omnicom.
My career highlights include:
- Senior Remote Employee Experience lead in high-growth, VC backed SaaS tech start-up – redesigned Onboarding programme, DE&I Strategy and redefined culture in remote setting.
- Conceptualised global and operational HR strategy in a high-growth start-up with 300% people growth within first two (2) years at Portland.
- Built a high performing HR team with a reputation for adding commercial, strategic and operational value to the business with infrastructure to support 300% growth in headcount over 4 years – 5 mil >25 mil business.
- Successfully designed the talent agenda for a global client group of staff across the UK, US, Middle East, Central Asia and West Africa.
- Established a global quarterly talent programme with supporting tools to identify ‘high potentials’, ‘solid citizens’ and ‘performance concerns’ which informed succession planning, bonus discussions, performance coaching and application of retention initiatives – this increased retention rate of key talent from 70% to 90% over 2 years
- Established 80:20 direct hiring strategy with >£500K savings over 2 years by implementing recruitment strategies including staff referral scheme, internal adverts, better succession / project planning, LinkedIn talent finder, job boards, purpose designed psychometric tools and a reduction and renegotiation of PSL for specialised roles – resulted in continued annual reduction in recruitment spend.
- Spearheaded global reward and incentives – quarterly bonuses, annual profit share, retention bonuses, partner bonus pool, sign on bonuses and guaranteed earnings offers. Sat on board pay committees for Remuneration, Promotion and pay discussions.
- Designed and led a comprehensive performance management scheme, creating a company grading system, leading to the normalising of salary and reward. Elements included self-assessment, 360-degree process and Personal Development planning process for staff at all levels which improved the assessment of promotion readiness and succession planning – achieved 20% more internal promotions.
Prior to this, I worked at a senior level on a number of HR and change projects for organisations including Westpac banking Corporation, Mercer Consulting, Pentland Brands, and the Association of British Insurers.
My other passions include family, technology, wellness, art, and cooking. I enjoy mentoring young people in readiness for work to bridge the gap between education and employability. I’ve previously partnered with London schools via the CIPD, the Taylor Bennett Foundation, Institute of Grocery Distribution (IGD) and Teach First to lead a series of workshops on skills for work.
Please get in touch on firstname.lastname@example.org